If you live here in the Central Valley, you know that our summers are hot. It’s almost impossible to go through an entire summer season without a reliable cooling system by your side.
You probably stay on top of the function of your air conditioner in our climate, but we want to encourage you to surpass expectations rather than just getting by. If you want to stay comfortable in your home all while keeping your cooling bills low and helping the environment, it might be time to take that plunge into solar power. Our team specializes in solar panels in Visalia, CA. If you’re thinking of going solar then make sure that we’re the team you call.
Solar Panels 101
Even if you’re in the early stages of considering solar power for your home you’ve probably done a few searches online and realized that there’s so much to know. Don’t overwhelm yourself with the details and the factors surrounding solar power, we’ve compiled all the pertinent info here. Here’s the scoop:
- If you’re interested in solar panels, photovoltaic panels or PV panels are an essential part of almost any solar energy system. You can mount this type of system on your roof or even on the ground mounted by supports to get the most exposure.
- Solar panels generate electricity from light. We won’t get too deep into the technicalities, but in simple terms, solar panels allow photons to knock electrons free. This is called the photovoltaic effect. When a photon is knocked free, the electric field pushes that electron and creates electrical flow. This electrical flow is then channeled through a transformer in your home and used to power your home in various ways.
- Most solar power systems need a backup battery to store power for times when your panels aren’t getting enough light.
- Solar panels never drain solar power. This is a common misconception. Solar panels don’t consume solar power and solar power is a renewable and abundant energy source.
- Solar panels are cost-effective and low maintenance because they have few to no moving parts.
Do They Really Save You Money?
This is a hot button question and the answer is yes. We understand and appreciate your skepticism. There are so many new products on the market that say they can save you money but sound way too good to be true—because they are too good to be true. We understand how solar panel technology can seem this way on the surface, but there are no gimmicks here, just concrete science.
How much you’ll save depends on several factors including: the number of solar panels you have, the size and angle of your roof, your environment, and local electricity rates. Luckily for us, solar power in Visalia is a great idea. Solar panels here receive lots of sunlight, increase the value of your home, and can even boast benefits like solar rebates and tax credits. If you want to learn more about the specifics make sure you contact our knowledgeable experts.
You spend a lot of money cooling your home here in Visalia. If you’d like to save a little this upcoming summer, make sure you contact our team at Shaw’s Air Conditioning & Heating to schedule an appointment.